Thurston Thrives is overseen by a 24-member public-private Coordinating Council comprised of representatives from: funders (non-governmental), business, action teams/hubs, local government, and education, as well as two members at large.
The general purposes of the Coordinating Council are to measure, promote, and sustain the Thurston Thrives initiative to improve the health and well-being of all children, families and adults in Thurston County. Its core functions are to:
- Foster continuous communication between Council, staff, and Action Teams/Hubs, and support the advancement of Thurston Thrives strategies and goals;
- Identify community needs, gaps and opportunities;
- Review data and measures of progress;
- Set strategic goals for system and process improvement;
- Pursue resources to support Thurston Thrives strategy implementation; and
- Help with engaging the wider community and maintaining high level of public awareness of the actions being done to further Thurston Thrives.