Public Safety & Justice Action Team
- People are safe where they live, work, and play;
- People are held accountable for criminal conduct; and
- Legal rights and due process for all people are respected and honored.
The Thurston County Law and Justice Council, acting as the action team for public safety as a major factor in the health of the community, developed a strategy and recommendations for how our community can achieve these important goals that relate to health.
The goals include:
- To prevent entry into, or deeper involvement with, the criminal justice system;
- To strike the right balance between community safety, defendant rehabilitation, accountability and cost effectiveness; and
- To reduce the number of offenders who return to the law and justice system
These goals contribute to an overall vision for the community where people are safe where they live, work and play; people are held accountable for criminal conduct; and legal rights and due process for all people are respected and honored.View Strategy Map